Friday, May 27, 2011

The Official Start of Summer

Memorial Day weekend is upon us and for some vegans/vegetarians it can be a time to panic. But it doesn't have to be! Just because you may be invited to a BBQ party where you know meat will be served, doesn't mean you can't go, have a great time, AND eat delicious food!


It all goes back to my Easter Day post when I suggested bringing a vegan dish of your own. This can apply to any and every holiday, special occasion, party, gathering, etc. While everyone else is grilling up hot dogs, hamburgers, and other unmentionables, why not bring along some delicious Black Bean Burgers? Below you find a recipe that I love and plan to use this weekend at a friend's BBQ. I'm also going to try a new Key Lime Pie recipe that I'm pretty excited about. If all goes well, I'll not only be bringing it with me to the party, but I'll post the recipe here for you to try. I'll also be bringing along an incredible Taco Dip. I made this for some (carnivore) friends once and was told that it was the best dip she'd ever eaten! Woohoo! I love it when people eat something really yummy and can't believe it's vegan. It just goes to show that just because something is vegan, doesn't mean it can't taste good.


Enjoy your weekend!


Recipe: Taco Dip
Recipe: Black Bean Burgers


No comments:

Post a Comment